<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
WWW TM

Crap & More Crap

Sunday, August 21, 2005

good stories here

especially this one


This Wednesday, Aug. 10, 2005, photo of Pieter DeHond's field in Canandaigua, N.Y., shows his lovelorn message in his cow pasture in 50-foot-tall letters made from corn stalks.


A farmer looking for love has planted a personals ad, using corn stalks in a cow pasture. It reads: "S.W.F Got-2 (love symbol) Farm'n."

Underneath is a 1,000-foot-long arrow pointing single white females to his house.

"It only took me about an hour -- I did it with a corn planter in May," Pieter DeHond said Wednesday as he removed weeds from the 18-acre field. "I was just horsing around."

In place of a newspaper ad, DeHond said he decided on an impulse to use up the extra corn seed left after spring planting at his 200-acre Pleasure Acres farm in western New York.

STRANGE PHOTOS
WEIRD! View 99 unusual photos capturing a variety of strange news. New photos are added frequently!
"I wouldn't place a personal ad in the paper. To me it seems desperate," he added, laughing. "This is more of a fun thing. I put this out in a field where nobody could see it unless you flew over it."

The 41-year-old divorced father said running a business and looking after his two teenagers doesn't leave a lot of room for socializing.

His corn stalk appeal, featured this week in his hometown Daily Messenger newspaper, has already drawn quite a few phone calls and e-mails.

"I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't a little proud," DeHond said.

Example
|
Upload Video and Images - Putfile
Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?